Thursday, November 16, 2006

Defying Logic (and, hopefully, odds)

How weird is it to do something because you know you have to go through the paces... pay your dues, so to speak... and besides, well, maybe it will work.

I have a shipment of three vials of "swimmers" arriving on Monday for my first AI. I'm very conscious of the costs, so yeah, it's nearly $750 with shipping, etc. And there's the monitors and test kits and instead cups and... It adds up! And I have to do this knowing that it is very unlikely that I will get pregnant this round. Or the next. Or the one after that... But there's a chance. A small, like 10% chance, that I will get pregnant. But it won't happen if I don't try, obviously, so down this road I go.

I am pretty freakin' excited about it, too! I'll go with these horrible odds, kiss the dice and roll!!

7 comments:

The Mother Hen said...

You just never know when it will happen. Some women get pregnant very easily, just don't know because they never tried. Me I know I get pregnant easily and this is the first time I had to try. Good luck with those swimmers.

Anonymous said...

Don't despair! I've had two children and had lots of fun raising them. After 21 years of marriage along came the divorce and I don't see them anymore. They prefer the step-mother. No, they don't have a choice!

Why did I bother?

Something to think about before you spend your life savings on these fertility devices.

Chelle said...

I am really, really, REALLY getting excited! I will take ALL the luck I can get!! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Yeah the odds kind of stink... but thank goodness for the NW board so I can see proof that it works! Otherwise, I would be a little hesistant :) Good luck to you and I am rooting for you!!!!

C said...

I am really rooting for you too. I think about back in the day in college & forward all the BC pills, etc I have went through...
And at the end of the day remember Odds are just that odds....hey you never know...you just may nail it faster than you expect.:)

singletracey said...

I am rooting for you! Ditto on what Meg said.. the odds stink. Some people are lucky though.. there are those one time deal closers.. Meg and I .. we're taking the LONG road.. Not by our choice.. but we will get there! As you will also! Good Luck and may the TWW pass quickly!

Anonymous said...

Hi found your blog, I'm a single mom to one daughter (adopted) and getting ready to start AI in dec. Best of luck to you!