Saturday, June 21, 2008

CSI PHX

Wouldn't you know it... The morning after my last post I got a call from my adoption facilitators about a pair of nearly 9-year-old twins (their birthday is today!), a boy and girl. They have had some issues, particularly the boy, but seem to have come a long way in the past year. I have requested my homestudy be sent to their caseworker. There's also ANOTHER set of twins, 9 and both boys, that I've requested more information about. We'll see what happens...

My mom and maybe oldest niece (10) plan to come for a visit which will be fun! -- maybe July. It should be good and muggy for 'em.

Can't believe I'm having difficulty keeping my eyes open this morning. Almost 11 am, although I did get up by 7 to go out to breakfast at Matt's. Rode my bike. Worked on my farmer's tan, but didn't go to the farmer's market...

I'll leave you with shots of the shot that turned my home into a crime scene and me into a detective for the evening last Tuesday. What I encountered...




The bullet was still warm, although it was a hot evening and everything was warm... I could see sheetrock marks on the bullet, and a few pieces of plaster on the floor. My house is falling apart, but this seemed new. Though not a weapons expert, I could tell the copper bullet was a larger caliber (if it was indeed a bullet and not just something else within my house that was falling apart...). With all of my sleuthing, though, I couldn't find the freakin' bullet hole. But the cops, with likely a bit more practice, were able to locate the entry hole. I'd looked all over the ceiling in the living room, but it didn't dawn on me to check the ceiling in the dining room, although I did check for broken windows or a hole in the walls, of which there were none. I haven't followed up to find out if they ever figured out precisely from where the bullet left the gun, although I do have a case number. So much for sleuthing.

8 comments:

battynurse said...

that looks like a pretty big bullet. Good luck with the kiddos. I'm hoping for you that one of these turns out to be a perfect match.

The Beauty Junkie said...

Wow that bullet hole looks huge. And your adoption process seems exciting.

S AND C said...

Wow good luck with the children. Twins that is exciting prospect!

Unknown said...

How scary on the bullets....

Good luck on the two sets of twins... I pray that one of them works out for you!!! Keep us posted!

Navigating The Rapids said...

WTH! I do well with bullets in a gun club, not so much in my house. I hope you get picked.

Michelle said...

GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you children/child are soon in your arms!

singletracey said...

I would of pissed my pants if I saw a bullet in my house!!! Can't wait to hear more about the kiddos!!

C said...

Chelle,
HOLY Smokes batman!!! Girl, you are super calm for a bullet coming into your home. I would be a mess! Your future kids are lucky to have a mom with nerves of steel! Please, please keep posting about the potential placements. I am sooo excited for you!!