Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Two and two, bottom of the 5th

Two strikes...

First, Re: adoption - I found out today that the psychologist for the little girl has recommended that the girl and her foster mom participate in 4 to 6 months of family therapy. I agree that all should be done to preserve the bond they've established, unless the foster mom just isn't committed. So I'm back in the active pool of potential adoptive parents. And grieving the loss of another little kiddo that won't be mine.

Second, Re: guy that gave me his number last week - I called him. And we talked over the course of a couple days. I started to feel kind of excited about him. We made plans. But the more we talked, the more I could tell it wasn't going to work for me. He was very aggressive. And manipulative. Believe it or not, I could pretty well figure out that dating him would be a miserable experience. So we canceled our plans and wished each other well. That was yesterday...

So at this point, I'm going to bed early. It was a rough couple of days. But I'll catch up with my blogger buddies first. And see if I can't check the lottery #s drawn today. SOMETHING good has to happen, right?

8 comments:

Pepper said...

So sorry to hear about the judge's order! I don't quite understand why bonding with a foster parent who isn't the adoptive parent would be so important, but I don't know all the facts.

I hope your next placement comes quickly and is the perfect match.

battynurse said...

I'm sorry. On both parts. I hope another placement comes quickly and works great.

S AND C said...

:-( bboooo that suck on both parts!!! I mean i know in the long run its best (for both the guy and the foster adoption) however it sucks for now :-(
I am sorry..

Unknown said...

Oh I am sorry about the adoption situation....and I am sorry about the guy not working out... but way to recognize the guy thing early!

Jen said...

That stinks about the little girl! I'm so sorry this has to be such an ordeal. Good for you on nipping the potential bad date in the bud though. Why waste time and energy when you're feeling the bad vibes this early!

And yes, we were at Indian School Park. LOVE that park!

ProfCJ said...

Here's hoping that the perfect match (a kiddo, or possibly a nice fella ;) ) comes along SOOOOON

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just had my first adoption class last week. I found your blog while searching for people's experiences with the foster care adoption process. I'm about your age, waited too long to conceive, and want very much to be a parent now.

I've skimmed through your entire blog and I give you a lot of credit for staying optimistic. It's been a tough road for you. I hope you do find a good match soon and you can fulfill your dream of being a mother.

Thanks for sharing.