Thursday, May 29, 2008

Best Dog Ever

My best friend passed away this morning. We had almost 11 years together. He was the very BEST DOG EVER, and I will miss him like crazy.



This is going to be hard… He was a few months shy of 11. We beat “bloat” and an oral sarcoma. But seems he likely had cancer in his spleen that was bleeding into his abdomen. The prognosis wasn’t at all promising. But he was such a good boy – he stopped breathing as the doc was telling me the options. He didn’t make me choose. He didn't die while I was out of town over the weekend. He didn’t die at a “strange” clinic, and he didn’t die at home, where it would have been nearly impossible for me to move him at 107 lbs. of literally dead weight. He waited 'til he got to his oncologist’s office, and waited for me to join him in the room. He had people around him that loved him, including the doc’s office manager, also named Kobi.(!) It was the best possible scenario given the circumstances. SUCH a good dog. SO MANY happy memories.

goodbye, my lovely boy

13 comments:

Navigating The Rapids said...

Oh Chelle I'm so sorry about your dog. Sending you lots of ((hugs)).

battynurse said...

Oh Chelle. I'm so very sorry. Hugs to you and many peaceful thoughts for you and Kobi.

Unknown said...

I am sitting hear crying as I read this. I am so sorry. It does sound like it tried to make it the best possible situation possible for you.. but I know it is still not easy. You gave him a wonderful 11 years though and I really do believe the rainbow bridge story... he is up there waiting for you now!

Chelle said...

Thank you, gals. It truly sucks that he's not here! But I KNOW he is waiting for me. And since he took such good care of me here, he's probably going to continue to look out for me "from up there." (Although it would have been nice if he'd stopped me from tearing ligaments in my ankle last night... more about that later.)

Deena said...

Chelle,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know Kobi meant the world to you...please accept my condolences. I will be thinking about you this weekend amd sending healing thoughts your way!
GOODBYE SWEET KOBI...Rest in peace and wait for your Mommy on the Rainbow Bridge.

Jen said...

Chelle I am so very sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing those beautiful photos of him.

onemorebaby said...

Oh No... I am so very very sorry for your loss. It hurts, I know. The hurt will get easier. ((hugs))

battynurse said...

I just wanted to say I was thinking of you.

S AND C said...

My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sitting her crying :-( Sending you lots of happy puppy thoughts!

singletracey said...

Oh Chelle, I am so so so sorry. I know how hard it is and my thoughts are with you....

The Beauty Junkie said...

So sorry.

Michelle said...

Oh no. I wasnt expecting to read your blog and have teary eyes over this. I am so so sorry. You are in my thoughts.

Deena said...

Checking in on you...