Thursday, October 18, 2007

Grinder House

Damn. I was feeling all happy and loved after reading Tracey's blog, laughed at the brilliant wit that Mimi keys, and then got a gut punch catching up with LookyDaddy! Now, if you read LookyDaddy's more recent posts, you'll see that Kathryn and family are doing okay, but I just can't imagine how horrible that had to be for her parents!!

Besides the blog world up and downs, my real world has been up and down, too.

UP - I'm less than 20 lbs from my goal weight!

DOWN - I haven't run in over a week...

UP - My mom is coming to visit for a week, arriving this Saturday!

DOWN - My sister can't run the marathon in Seattle Thanksgiving, so I'm going to delay my trip until Christmas... and will delay my marathon run until January.

UP - I found more kiddos on Adopt Us Kids to inquire about!

DOWN - Haven't heard anything back from the caseworker for 3 of the sibling groups and the one I did hear back from already has a family they're working with.

UP - Had a staff retreat in the gorgeous Chiricahua mountains in southeastern Arizona - creeks and changing tree leaves and great people!

DOWN - Internal work communications suck and I became upset to the point of tears several times over the past week & weekend.

UP - Got brave and wrote my bosses about my unhappiness, mistreatment and misunderstandings hoping to clear the air and get some clarity!

DOWN - Was essentially told to suck it up...

UP - Turns out I wasn't demoted after all and the job title change is insignificant!

DOWN - so why was I so upset? BECAUSE NOBODY WOULD EXPLAIN IT TO ME

UP - My landlord is almost done remodeling the third bedroom!

DOWN - My landlord is NOT done remodeling the third bedroom, yet is charging me $70 more in rent each month to pay for the remodel and energy use of a third bedroom...

BUT, to keep it in perspective, I'm healthy, I'm certified to adopt and it should happen anytime, I still love my job, my puppy dog is doing great, my car runs, I have wonderful family and friends... And I send my love out to everyone who is having a bad day, a bad week, a bad year... Hugs!

3 comments:

battynurse said...

Glad that you got the job title thing straightend out. That had to be frustrating. And yes, I felt so bad for Looky Daddy. I can't imagine how scary that was to see your daughter go through that. Good luck with the adoption picks. I hope one of them works out soon.

Unknown said...

I am so hoping the adoption thing pans out for you very soon. You have waited long enough!

I am glad the work thing is fixed... it does get frustrating when people don't communicate things to you like they should.... good for you for standing up for yourself.

Don't beat yourself up about not running... breaks are good sometimes!

twondra said...

This is twondra from the NW board. I hope it's okay that I "popped" on. I'm officially a blogaholic and love reading others blogs. I do have one...it's set to private...but you can just send me an email from my profile and I can send you an invite if you would like.

I sure hope the adoption works out for you...sounds like you've been through it all and you deserve it.

Good luck!