Friday, October 05, 2007

Oh, no... that's okay. Really...

It's with very pouty lip that I write that "my boys" will not be my boys. I finally got word today that their caseworker has already contacted the families they are considering, and seeing as she didn't contact me... Yeah. It's hard to give up the idea of them. But, some other kiddos are out there, just waitin' for us to connect.

I'm also pouty 'cuz a good friend is moving to North Carolina tomorrow. I saw her this evening for a bit. Fought back a tearful goodbye. Pooh...

I have to pick out a new job title. "Director" no longer fits... "but you know it's not a demotion or anything... just..." Yeah. I know. But how're the people I deal with on the outside going to know? Well, Mayor, I'm the coordinator errr, advocate... ummmm... manager... associate? No, not the director. There's no director. But, yeah, you still have to listen to me... please? Whatever.

It really wasn't a bad day. Just a bunch of pissy parts to it. I'm gonna go eat and rest up for my 18-mile run tomorrow... (I'm just hoping I make it 15 miles!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about the "pissy parts" today... :( sigh....

Good luck on your run tomorrow! I am way impressed.

Knock Me Up said...

I'm sorry but I missed the reason you have to change your job title? (I'm a little slow sometimes :).

Very sorry to hear about your boys, but you are right, there will be someone to connect with and you will do it.

Take care.

battynurse said...

Sorry about the boys. That's too bad. Hope the new title picking goes ok and I hope the run did/does too. Wow, 18 miles.

ProfCJ said...

Well, those must be some awesome families to edge you out on the caseworker's list (or there's just some stupid SMBC prejudice at work).

Jen said...

Oh that bites! I'm so sorry Chelle! Keep on though, there's lots of little kiddies out there in need of a loving mommy!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your boys, but I'm sure there are some great kids waiting for you. Sorry about the job title. Just tell them yo, I'm in charge, never mind what my title is. Okay well maybe not.

Navigating The Rapids said...

I've moved, here's the link to my new home

http://heretomaternity.wordpress.com/