Monday, October 01, 2007

The Great Balancing Act


I have SO MUCH catching up to do! But figured I'd better post a note before y'all started worrying about me.

I had a great trip to D.C. To start, we'll get the goofy shot of me on a Segway out of the way... Did a 2-hour tour with "Segs*in*the*City" of some of the buildings of note. Then did a self-guided tour of the Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson monuments/memorials. I was exhausted!! And you'd think that 2 hours on a Segway would be no big deal, right? But standing in one position for 2 straight hours is agonizing! My lower back was bitchin'. Then add to that a few hours of walking, and I got my share of exercise--DESPITE HAVING BLOWN OFF THE RUNNING FOR THE WEEKEND. Yep. I just didn't have the time or energy before I left to run. And I didn't run when I was in D.C. And I haven't run since I got back!!!! TOMORROW! It begins again.

After playing tourist, I got down to the business at hand and played lobbyist. I talked to one house rep, the staffs of three other house reps, and the staff of two senators. Great experience, and I hope to do it again sometime. Besides the fact that D.C. is just a fabulous historic city. I loved it.

Absolutely no word on the kiddos. Hopefully will get to see some more profiles soon. It's tough waiting, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in time.

I'll post more pictures later. xoxo

6 comments:

singletracey said...

I was starting to worry that you might of decided to stay in DC!! Glad you are back and glad you had fun! I have never been on a Segway but always thought that they looked fun..

battynurse said...

That is so cool that you got to do the segway tour. I'm glad you had a good time in DC and sounds like you got a lot done too. Good to hear your back and good luck with the running. When is your marathon??

sasha said...

Welcome back! You look great. I keep checking in for news about the kiddos, but alas. I'm hoping for soon, and I know the wait WILL be worth it.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a nice time in DC. That tour on the Segway thing sounds like fun!!!! I want to go and do that! Kris has always wanted to go to DC... so maybe I will have to plan us a surprise trip there :)

Anonymous said...

Hey who's the skinny chick...green with envy here. Glad you're having fun.

Jen said...

Hey Chelle, good to get an update from you! And thanks for acknowledging on my blog the hoops that Dawn and I have had to jump through just to make our little family as legal as it can be. BUT I have to acknowledge the hoops that you've jumped through yourself. It's so disappointing to me that the wonderful people out there who want to adopt and are ready to, and go through all the necessary steps continue to be put on hold. It really should not be such a long and complicated process to get kids into loving homes. Keep pushin 'em girl! You deserve your kids!