Sunday, January 06, 2008

Butt slings and birthday parties

The timing must mean something, right? At least I hope so...

Last Friday was my birthday - #44!! - and my adoption worker called me. It's been weeks since I'd heard anything from her. She told me about a pair of young brothers - 3 and 4 - that were legally free and ready for adoption! She wanted to know if she should forward my homestudy to their caseworker... DUH! Yes, please!!

They are not problem free, though. Meth babies. And the older will have permanent handicaps due, most likely, to the drugs. The younger is bright and on track developmentally. I will need a lot more information before I make a final decision - that is if I even get that opportunity. We'll see what the caseworker says. But I'm very excited that SOMETHING has happened. I'm so ready!

My birthday was great. Had a lovely dinner and dessert with friends and went to an art opening for one of them. I still need to put air in my new bike's tires so I can enjoy the "gift" from my folks. Funny thing - I only got two birthday cards and they were both from friends I had dinner with. I did get the requisite phone calls from my sister and her girls singing Happy Birthday - it was SO CUTE!! I could totally pick out each of their voices, and the 2.5-year-old was singing with mucho gusto! Also singing calls from my best friend and my mom. It was a really good day.

Since then, my best friend and I have been going to the gym on a freebie week long membership. It's been a blast. This helps me keep up with the gains I made working out for two weeks in Seattle courtesy of my sister. Let's hear it for cardio equipment and weight machines... YAY!! I'm SUPPOSE to run a marathon this next Sunday. Not sure... my "ass" gave out at 10 miles today. I have some very tight tendons and muscles that have been aggravated for more than a month. I'm going to make a concerted effort to stretch this week. Will be interesting. I'm a little afraid I either won't finish or won't finish in time (which is the same thing, because they'll pick you up and shuttle you if you're not done in time...). But I will give it a shot. Wish me luck!!

7 comments:

The Mother Hen said...

That is great news about the kids. I hope it works out well and Happy Birthday.

battynurse said...

Wishing you tons of luck on the marathon and the boys. And happy birthday to you.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!! And good luck to you in the marathon... YOU CAN DO IT!

S AND C said...

Oh wow! Thats awesome news about the 2 boys!!!

singletracey said...

Great News about the boys!!! I can't wait to hear how it turns out.... :-) Happy Birthday!!

Navigating The Rapids said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Good luck with the marathon, and hope all works well with the kidletts.

twondra said...

Good luck! Happy birthday!