Thursday, July 03, 2008

Got blahs?

Not sure exactly what is up... I mean I can guess at lots of stuff. Losing Kobi. Living in Phx without any family around. It's Summer in Phx. I've been certified to adopt for almost a year, but not matched with any kiddos yet. My car was hit & runned while I was out of town over Memorial Weekend - not super noticeable, but I see it every time I approach the car. Recent surreal occurrence of bullet through ceiling. My sleep schedule is completely f-d up. I've been losing myself in television or computer games or other hand-held games. I've put probably 20 lbs back on since January - 1/2 the weight I lost. It's Summer in Phx. Kobi's gone. And I can't sleep. And money stuff and house stuff and stuff and stuff...

I don't feel depressed per se. Maybe that's the joy of antidepressants. But I haven't been very productive lately. As I said, my sleep schedule has just been OFF. Have been getting about 4-5 hours sleep each night (or early morning) this week. Until last night/this morning. Didn't fall asleep until probably 2. But then slept through my alarm until 11 am. Fortunately I didn't have any appts. But c'mon! You can't just sleep until 11 am on a work day that normally starts at 8 am and feel good about it. At least I can't. "You needed it." "You're lucky you can do that sorta thing..." No, not helpful. Cuz, yeah. And yeah.

So, I'm hoping I can fulfill my commitment to myself to get it turned around this weekend. To not just fill my time with not thinking activities part of the time and sleep the rest of the time. But to plan. And dare to hope.

Bleh. But I'm smiling. I know it'll be fine. Just am sick 'n tired of these blahs.

here's some sunshine:

6 comments:

battynurse said...

I know that feeling. I hope it starts to improve soon and that you soon have some great news come your way. Hugs to you.

Unknown said...

I am sorry.... I know how those blahs can be and they are not fun. I hope things get better and things start to look up for you soon.

Jen said...

Oh honey, it's the Summertime in Phoenix doing it! I hear you! I want to get out of this place so bad and get up to the NW. Dawn and I were talking once about how we feel about this area. There are some really beautiful places in Arizona, don't get me wrong, but I don't really find it in Phoenix. Phoenix to me feels barren and dry, stifling...everything is brown, tan or sand colored. When I do see green, it's light green. I feel like for 5 months of the year I just want to avoid the outdoors and stay cooped up in an air conditioned room. But then that's depressing! Getting in and out of my car in this heat is a sweaty sticky struggle. When I leave work each day, I almost choke as I push the door open and get blasted like a hair dryer is pointed at my face. We long to go somewhere lush, fertile, wet and green...somewhere where it feels like life. We ain't finding it here! I hope you feel better soon sista.

C said...

Hugs about the Blahs, honey. We ALL get them, believe me. About the weight, hey check my post out, I am trying to get me but in gear. At least you only have 20....I am looking at 50+ to get at my medical weight. GROWL!!!

S AND C said...

i agree blah.
hope you feel better soon :)

Anonymous said...

Girl, you need to get involved in the fostercare community. That is where the kids are with not as many issues. Arizona doesn't like to sever kids unless they have an adoptive home, hence moving kids to fost/adopt homes before the severence! I have tons of buds in the community, and believe me, straight adopting in AZ is tough unless you have fosterparent friends who don't want to adopt or a worker with lots of connections. We have been adopt/foster certified for 3 years and have 5 adoptions under our belt, 4 kids we adopted were under 5, three came as infants, and one is in school. All kids are on target emotionally, intellectually and behaviorally.