Friday, July 25, 2008

Biko and Thin Lizzy

My new babies goin' at it...

I introduced them to rawhides today. Got me a whole 15 minutes of peace!!



I picked them up Tuesday afternoon rather than Thursday -- they were ready early. I've been exhausted ever since. 9-mo. old Biko doesn't seem to have any concept of outdoor facilities. And turns out Thin Lizzy is only 2 mos. But I've cleaned up and cleaned up and been extremely vigilant. And the potty training has gone better today. Biko peed in his kennel twice earlier, but not on the floor. And he hasn't pooped in the house today. Lizzy hasn't pottied in her kennel or in the house at all today. I know it's not quite 7pm and a lot could happen yet this evening... But compared to the last couple days, they've really been stellar. [Update: Biko made it until 9:40. He'd been outside not 10 minutes prior for 1/2 an hour. He'd peed and pooped. And then came in and peed. Oh, well. Tomorrow's a new day!]

ugh... I just pulled poop off of Lizzy's fur under her arm... that had to be there for at least a day. eww. I can't really bathe them for about a week either. (Sponge baths, but no soaking their sutures...)

And to answer your question, Jen, my friend R and I named them. I named Biko - which was suppose to have been Kobi's name, except my boyfriend at the time didn't like it. Can y'all remember Peter Gabriel's tribute to the antiapartheid leader? R named Lizzy - and several other dogs in the pound that I didn't take home... There was Kajagoogoo, a mop-headed white dog. Tigger, a SERIOUSLY bouncing terrier mix. Thin Lizzy was chewing on the bars of the cage, prompting R to sing "tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak..." Plus she was puppy-puffy, contrary to "thin."

I'll be sooooo happy when we're all potty trained and settling in. The cats aren't thrilled, but they seem to be holding their own. I imagine it will be a pretty happy zoo here pretty soon.

4 comments:

battynurse said...

They are soooo cute. And Biko is a lot bigger than lizzy. I'm sure she'll catch up though. That does sound like a lot of work. Have fun.

S AND C said...

Aaawww thats SO cute! Now i want a puppy!

Unknown said...

They are so adorable. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Navigating The Rapids said...

Just checking in to see how the pups are doing?