Sunday, July 20, 2008

Nothin' a puppy can't fix...

Feelin' better! Started back at the gym. It's cooled down just a bit. Was in Yosemite for work recently... swam in the Wild and Scenic Merced River. Re: adoption, a couple kiddos were presented to me. I've asked that my homestudy be sent for one of them, and I'll hopefully find out if I'll be considered Monday. If so, her caseworker will be deciding who will be her adoptive parent(s) by the end of the week.

I made an appointment with a friend who recently became a real estate agent. We'll have coffee Tuesday morning and discuss some listings, my needs, etc. I SO don't know what I'm doing, but it's a good time to do it now, so... Figured it was time to get some help and get the process started. If I do end up buying a house and I still don't have the right kiddo match, I've planned all along that I would get licensed to do foster care so I can do foster-adopt. I just didn't want to mess with the state licensing while I was renting because there were a few costly things that need repair (not dangerous, just the rules).

I also went to the county animal shelter yesterday and found a couple of furbabies I had to adopt. Pictures below!

Biko, the brindle boxer mix, and...


Thin Lizzy, the jail breakin' retriever mix!

SUCH CUTIES! I get to bring them home on Thursday after their spay/neuter surgeries. Can't wait!!!!!

8 comments:

S AND C said...

Oh my they are adorable!!!!!!!
Have fun :)

battynurse said...

Oh my gosh, they are sooooo cute. And two of them. How fun. I hope the adoption stuff goes well. Good luck with the possible house hunting.

C said...

They are soooooooo adorable!!!! What a wonderful development! Congrats on the new Furbabies and the possible kiddo matches. Please keep me posted, lady! More pics soon of the furbabies, please.:)

Unknown said...

Oh they are so cute!!!! I think that was a great idea... and I can't wait to hear more about them. Keep us posted on the adoption thing too!

Deena said...

How cute!!! So glad you decided to get the pups. Nothing like doggy breath to make you feel all better.
Have fun!!! Can't wait for more pictures.

The Beauty Junkie said...

Aawww how cute

Navigating The Rapids said...

what cuties!

Jen said...

Aw!!!!!!!! How cute they are!!!! What a great big heart you have taking in 2 furbabies. And so good for the 2 of them to have each other for companionship. They are adorable and I love the names. Are those names you came up with or did they already have them? Oh yeah, you mentioned the Pink Spot. I've passed that lots of times (usually on the way to breakfast at First Watch). I'll have to stop in some time. I love me some good ice cream!