Monday, July 02, 2007

...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance...

I'm back!! Actually was back almost a week ago, but SO FAR BEHIND with work and all. Then drove to L.A. with a friend to see Cyndi Lauper, Deborah Harry, Margaret Cho, Rosie O'Donnell, Dresden Dolls, and many, many happy people Saturday night. It was a great time. And then yesterday afternoon we hooked up with a friend of my friend's who is a comic and then some, and SHE found out she was having BBQ with Cyndi last night! Asked her to please verify Cyndi's haircolor for me... I'm guessing a light lilac.

Took Kobi on both my vacation and the L.A. roadtrip. He was such a good boy. Except now I know for sure, under no uncertain terms, if that dog wants in, he'll find a way in. While I was at the concert, the friends we stayed with went out to a BBQ (apparently a lot of that BBQ thing happenin' in L.A.). I got back before they did and went looking for my boy. Not in the yard. What? Maybe they decided to leave him in the house? Not in the house. I called and called, beginning that internal panic. But I thought I heard somethin' around the corner of the house. Looked, called again... Heard something. Looked AT the house and noticed a broken blind hanging out under a screen and a partially open window. The dog broke into the house. He was in a little storage room off the bedroom. The glass french doors were held closed by a wooden spoon, so he was confined. And he was fine. Luckily the blinds were old, the screens were already partly trashed, and he didn't pee on the guy's cigar humidor or anything...

I have many tales from my adventures, but I'll maybe parse them out. One big cool thing is that my sister and I decided to run (cuz you can't say "jog") the Seattle marathon later this year! I'm officially in training. Have had to do a couple of 5 mile jog/walk/jogs, and Saturday is my first 6-miler. Pretty exciting. And a great way to get in shape. No excuses. I've got a goal and a training schedule and that's all there is to it.

Tomorrow is class number eight of ten of my foster/adopt required coursework. ALREADY!! I can't believe how fast it's going. In two to four months I'll be certified to adopt a child (or two). Did just find out last week that they've decided I have to also get licensed for foster care in case a child(ren) becomes available that is a great fit for me but whose parents' rights have not yet been completely severed. I'm still hoping for "my boys," but am open to whatever makes the most sense.

I guess I'll leave it there for now. I have to get up early to beat the freakin' heat and jog 3 miles tomorrow. I've missed everyone!!

3 comments:

battynurse said...

Glad you are back and that you had a good vacation. I was wondering about you last night. Wow, the Seattle marathon. Big endeavor. I don't think I could ever do that as I hate to run but I have walked Bloomsday twice.

Jen said...

Glad you're back. Sounds like you've had a grand time!

C said...

Happy you are back my friend! Sounds like you had MUCHO fun. Did you take some pics? Care to share? If so, I would LOVE to see them. That sweetie Poochie Kobi of yours...what a Hoot! I love him.:)
I bet you are wiped out after that awesome trip!