Thursday, November 01, 2007

And all that jazz

Oh dearest goodness... I have so lapsed! Whatever it is, it's getting worse.

I had traveled - to D.C., then to a staff retreat. Followed by a week long visit from my momma. She left Saturday, and I missed her the moment I said goodbye. Moped around all weekend. Still moping, in fact!

While she was here, we went to Ikea and I bought bunkbeds for my yet to be identified little ones! Aren't they cute? A friend did ask, "and what if you need a crib?" Answer: My sister will send me hers. Problem solved. But I don't think it's very likely. I'll be surprised and happy if the kids are under 10. (Still hoping for two.)


I was in Super Target--I know! I refuse to go to Walmart of any size, but I'll go to Target? I'm such a hypocrit!-- yesterday and while I was familiarizing myself with the rows of Archer Farms offerings, saw a gal riding around on one of those electric chairs. I glanced and thought, she's not THAT old... Hmmm, what's up? She answered my silent question while rubbing her rounded belly, "They're really upset with me right now.... but only three weeks to go, if I can make it that far." "Twins? Congratulations!" I said, all the time focusing on her age--I think she's older than me! Well, something worked for her. And my congrats were sincere.

I'd better get back to work, but will try to catch up on my "reading" and blogging soon!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the bunk beds. Those are quite fabulous. We missed you!

battynurse said...

Love the bunkbeds. Those are so cool. Glad you had a good time with your mom and hope that all continues to go well.

C said...

I LOVE, LOVE Ikea...congrats on the wonderful Beds...they looks wonderful! Now, bring on the child or children!