Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Glam

I'm back from Hollywood! My good friend R & I drove out Saturday morning and returned Monday. We took our dogs and made quite a weekend of it - although it was mostly devoted to the film festival. The event was pretty great. And I did get to meet Ted Danson! (my back is to the camera...)
I elicited a total "Sam Malone" moment from him when I told him about some f*ish r*estoration work I'd done recently (he narrated the film about the creek the f*ish went into). "Wow..." accompanied by a slight bend backwards. :)

Also found myself standing about two feet from Angelina Jolie's brother at one point... Didn't get the best picture of him (James Haven), but it's something (of course I didn't take a picture when I was right next to him).

And here's what I looked like -
Yep - did it up as best I could... And it really was a lot of fun.

Other, more important update - my grandma is doing okay after her hip surgery. She's been pretty out of it, but she should be able to start doing physical therapy in a week or so and will very hopefully be able to walk again.

I haven't heard any more about the brothers in Oregon, but the caseworker should have my home study by now!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You look beautiful!!! Sounds like a great party!

Good luck on the oregon kiddos!!!!

battynurse said...

You look fantastic. That trip sounds like it was a lot of fun. Good luck with the kiddos in Oregon.

singletracey said...

You look gorgeous darling! How fancy shmancy with movie stars... TOO COOL!!!

Waiting patiently for word on the oregon boys!

Good thoughts, prayers and hugs sent your way

Michelle said...

Awww, look at you! So pretty! Sounds like you had a great time!

Navigating The Rapids said...

You looked smokin!

S AND C said...

You look great!!!