Friday, November 30, 2007

Dis 'n Dat

oof! What a couple 'a weeks!! I've just felt absolutely exhausted. Not sure if it's because it's cooled down here or what. And it's pouring rain today - LOVELY! First rainy day we've had in months. My marathon training has been suffering from having taken a couple weeks off and never really getting back into it. A run here. A run there. I did 18 miles once in early October. Since then, nothing more than 10 miles, and that only once. I've got to really hit it for all of December! Even when I'm on vacation in the NW for the last two weeks of the month.

Have also decided that for at least ONE WEEK, I will go to bed at 9 (oops, already 9:45), get up at 5 (tomorrow's Saturday, so I'll sleep in until 6), run 4-5 days/week, and NOT go back to bed after my run. Yeah. I've been doing that a lot. Get up, run, take a nap. I think that's part of the reason I'm exhausted all the time. So I'm going to make a concerted effort to get 8 hours sleep and not nap after my runs.

I bought myself a bike for my birthday -- actually, I asked my parents if they would buy me a bike for my birthday, they said yes, so I ordered it and it came fedex today. (My b-day's not until January.) I put it together, but I need a couple of different tools. Like spanners. Until then, my seat will not be tight. Once I get it all finished, I'll post a pic. It's a sweet cruiser that looks just like this, except I added fenders!

Bad news this week on the Nut*risys*tem front... they decided to add fish paste to all of their lunches! Calling it Omega*Sol without the asterisk. Which means their otherwise meatfree vegetarian meal plan is no longer vegetarian. So, I'm going to send back all of my Omega-enhanced lunches and cancel my membership. Good news, I've lost 30 pounds. I still have 15 to go, but I should be fine. My diet was kick-started, and I can handle it from here.

I don't know anything else right now except it's almost 10 and I'm an hour late for bed... I really enjoyed spending this evening reading my friends' blogs and catching up on their lives. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts, even when I'm "absent."

7 comments:

Navigating The Rapids said...

30 pounds!!! Contragtuations! Love the ride.

The Mother Hen said...

Lets have lunch while you are here, you can meet Ethan!!

battynurse said...

I have a bike kinda like that. It's green and has sunflowers on it. Very cool. I wish I was at home and I would come over to meet you when you are in the NW but hey, I might be driving through Az. in Jan. 30 pounds is great but I don't blame you for giving up Nutrisystems, that sounds weird. Good luck with the marathon training.

Unknown said...

Awesome on the weight Chelle!!!

Enjoy your new bike! Good to hear from you!

singletracey said...

you GO on the weight loss! SOOO proud of you :-)

S AND C said...

WOW!!! Congrats on 30 pounds!

Jen said...

Just checking in on ya! Hope you're enjoying the holidays. Take care.