Thursday, November 08, 2007

More jazz

What an up and down week I've had!! The bad news: my 98-year-old grandma fell and broke her hip 3 days after her birthday; my neighbor lady had a heart attack; and I had a really frantic, f*d up day on Tuesday (same day Grandma fell) that I've still barely recovered from. Good news: grandma's surgery went fine (once Mom went down and talked her into it); neighbor lady will be going through some additional testing, but hopes to be home tomorrow--it was a mild heart attack; I got to help reintroduce some end*angered f*ish last Friday into a special creek we've worked to restore; and on Saturday I am going to a Hollywood screening of a documentary about that same creek, participating in the Q&A panel following the screening and then attending a red carpet and awards event Sunday!! I had to shop for just the right accessories today (including sp*anx)... Here's to hoping it's wonderful!

On the kiddo front, I found a couple of troubled cuties in Oregon that might be a good match for me, so had my adoption worker send my home study yesterday. We'll see what their caseworker thinks. They're younger - 2-1/2 & 4-1/2. But they've been through hell and really need a permanent, stable, serene, loving home. Of course I'll keep y'all posted.

I haven't caught up on my dear blogger buddies' blogs yet. Hopefully I can do that soon!! In the meantime, ladies, hope you're taking good care of yourselves and gearing up for the holidays. (The clothing store I shopped at today was playing Christmas tunes. 'Tis the season...) *mwah!*

6 comments:

The Mother Hen said...

Hey there, sounds like some crazy busy stuff going on with you. I hope you get some kiddos soon. My blog is over at wordpress now, adventuresofethan.wordpress.com

S AND C said...

Are the kids in Oregon boys, girls one of each? They are so young good luck!

battynurse said...

Good luck with the kiddos. I hope it works out for you and them. You do sound like you have been busy too.

Unknown said...

OH gosh... sorry about all the stuff.... but I am happy to hear about the Oregon kids! Keep us posted!

Navigating The Rapids said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma, I'm glad that her surgery went well. Congrats on your work, red carpet screening huh, just remember the little people. Good luck with the kiddos.

Chelle said...

s&c - boys! haven't heard anything more...