Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bunches of Babies

I finally met other members of the Arizona Single Mothers by Choice group on Saturday. Wow, what a lovely group of women and SUCH CUTE BABIES!! M's triplets (actually due today!), K's 5 mo.-old twins, M2 and her newborn, C and almost 1-year-old, pregnant T and 7-mo.-old boy, T2 and almost year old preemie with the most beautiful blue eyes, and H with twin 4-year-old girls. What a terrific group. All of these babies came out of these ladies bodies - which made me rethink some. I WANT to have a baby! But it also makes really good sense to me to just move to adoption...

Speaking of which, my foster/adopt orientation is tomorrow evening at 6. I'm looking forward to it and a teeny bit nervous. Here's a link to the little boys I'm in love with. But still trying to figure out if I should concentrate on getting a baby. So many decisions!! But I know it's a process that takes some time.

I'm feeling a little nervous about my impending 25th H.S. Reunion set for the middle of June. Yes - 25th! I could be a grandmother! And some of my former classmates are grandparents or parents to college kids. Amazing. I don't feel anywhere close to that old. But it will, I hope, be fun catching up. It's been 5 years since the last one. At the last one, I was skinny, damn cute, and feeling pretty in charge. Now I'm closing in on my heaviest weight and feeling a little less than "super." But improving... It was very funny, I thought, to get a phone message last Friday from one of our class's biggest "stoners" who was helping to organize the reunion.

I'm really looking forward to seeing a BFP from Tracey this week!! It just has to be.

7 comments:

S&C said...

Good luck at the orientation! Let us know how it goes!

battynurse said...

Yes good luck with the orientation. I know several nurses I used to work with who all got babies with the foster adopt thing. I think the biggest downside is that parental rights haven't been terminated yet as infants. I hope it all works out great though whatever you decide.

Unknown said...

I am wishing you the best at the orientation. Let me know how it goes. Go to your reunion and hold your head up high girl!

singletracey said...

Lots of luck on orientation! Oh and I am glad you went to SMC meeting and met so many wonderful women!

Have a great week and I want to hear all about the meeting... K!!

Jen said...

Those boys are beautiful! I know you'll make the right decision for yourself, Chelle, whether it's these boys or someone entirely different, or your own. Oh, the reunion thing...I had my 20th a year and a half ago. It was...interesting to say the least. I graduated in Tennessee and well, lets just say I don't think my lifestyle quite agrees with most of the people I graduated with.
I'm sure you're still the knockout that you were at your 20th!

Chelle said...

Aren't they just lovely! I learned some important stuff tonight. I'll try to report it all soon. hugs & thanks!!

ProfCJ said...

The boys look so happy! To find someone who will take older kids and siblings...that's a blessing.