Thursday, May 03, 2007

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream (UPDATED)

I'm supposed to test tomorrow a.m., but I'm afraid. I expect it to be negative, but I don't want it to be... But I guess I need to move on to the next thing. I wonder, too, if I even ovulated this month. I took 100 mg clomid CD 3-5, which is twice as much as the previous two cycles. But my symptoms weren't as bad, including the ovulation cramping, which was barely there. My temp shot up the day after my +OPK, which would indicate I ovulated the same day, but then dropped a bit and went up just a little before I started the progesterone. So I'm wondering if I had an anovulatory cycle that was masked by the progesterone? I dunno what's going on. But I will test in the a.m. and move "happily" on.

I'm collecting phone #s for REs, and I'm planning to attend an adoption/foster intro meeting on the 14th (a week from next Monday!). And I will enjoy my break!

So here we go...

Update 5/4: Another test that looks exactly like the last one. *frown* I put a call in to my doc's office for advice as to whether to stop the prometrium or to come in for a blood test. (I called at 10 a.m. and got a return call at 4:45 p.m.) I'm 11 days late, 24 DPO. Doc agreed I'm not pregnant and suggested I stop taking the progesterone.

I plan to call an RE for a consultation, but I feel more and more comfortable with the idea that I will open my home to a child that is already here and needs a home. That really seems to fit with my habit of adopting strays. All of my cats were found feral kittens, and Kobi was found on the street as well, although he was obviously an escapee.

7 comments:

battynurse said...

Well, I will be hoping that tomorrows test is a BFP for you. If it's not though, I hope that whatever the next step is, it works out well and you still have your baby soon.

Unknown said...

I am still holding out hope that it is a BFP. If not though, I know something will work out good for you!!!! You definately deserve it!

S&C said...

The good news about adoption is it’s almost 100% certain that you will get a child :-) After how hard ttc was for me I found a lot of comfort in knowing that adoption will bring me a child for sure. IT WILL HAPPEN one way or another you will have a baby!!!

underdog said...

Poop! can't wait to hear about your RE plans and/or the foster/adoption meeting. RaJen

Anonymous said...

Keep up posted on the Foster to Adoption program. Strays, we're nice people.

singletracey said...

I think foster/adoption is a great way to go.. Something I too thought/think about ... GOOD LUCK and please post about it so I can learn!

HUGS!

Unknown said...

I am sorry Chelle... but sounds like the foster to adopotion program will be a great fit for you. Keep us posted!

I tagged you on my blog.. if you go and read my most recent post it will make more sense!