Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Crazy Is As Crazy Does

Got my surge and peak on the CBFM this a.m. and did my first AI tonight. Bought three vials for this possibly last try, so I'll do another tomorrow a.m. and the last one tomorrow night. And we'll just have to wait and see, won't we. After that, I'm really not sure.

Here's what's going on... My job that I love is going through some changes. On the one hand, it's not that big of deal, just a little restructuring--I lose my title as director, gain a better manager (I hope), reduce the range or future range/territory of my job, and (again hopefully) increase my focus. On the other hand, I feel like the rug's been pulled out, and things are not what they seemed. I'm sure I'll work through it...

But it does impact my thoughts about moving back to the Northwest, which I've always said I hope to be able to do in the next few years. I have not yet done my homework, so I know this will all start to come together when I have more information. In the meantime, I'm guessing that a foster-to-adopt program will require that I stay put for awhile... like until a child is adopted, and maybe longer. If I move just directly to adoption, I'll likely need to stay put through the process of home studies, etc.

I feel strongly that I need to stick with my work here--I've got rivers to save and groundwater laws to change... But I do love and miss my family. I'm also afraid of too much of a good thing (family, if I moved back). So I feel a little stuck in my confusion.

Welcome to the TWW, huh?

7 comments:

S&C said...

YAY for AI last night!! 3 vials you have to hit the egg :-)

battynurse said...

Good luck with the AI's. I hope this works. Moving is always a big decision but I'm sure you'll find the right one for you. I know what you mean about the NW. It is home for me, when I'm gone, I miss it and always feel good when I get home.

Unknown said...

I am pulling for you! I hope this is the one for you girl... you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

I so hear you. I'm trying to weigh the pros of having my family near just for sheer support, and then having them far away, for my sanity. Fingers crossed for you!

singletracey said...

Oh I pray you get your BFP this time... I would love to see it work out for you... you deserve it!

Jen said...

Chelle, 3 vials! YAY...this has to work!!! You've got lots of support and sticky dust headin' your way. Can't wait to hear about that BFP from you!

Chelle said...

Thanks, thanks, thanks! I'm a little nervous that my temp went up a bit yesterday (after only 1 AI), then dropped today after the final 2... Guess we'll see tomorrow if I actually ovulated or not. Could it be my first annovulatory cycle? I did clomid, I had a surge... but where's the temp increase?? Okay. We'll see...