Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Little Dab'll Do Ya

I've got a plan. For my 6th and possibly final unassisted AI, I'm on the evil clomid, 100 mg, CD 3-7 (I'm on CD 5). I will order 3 vials of my old favorite donor if available for delivery next Friday in case I ovulate early or there's a problem with the shipment. I will insem. at 12, 24 & 36 hours past +OPK or thereabouts. And we'll see what happens. If it works, fabulous!!! If not, I'll take a couple months off to let my hormones and emotions settle, and to do some research into RE's, IVF, adoption and foster-to-adopt programs so I can decide next steps. I certainly hope this cycle works out for me - making me totally average (6 tries). But whether or not it does, I am looking forward to a little break. Particularly because clomid completely ravages my emotional well-being. I wish finances were not at the heart of my decision-making through much of this process. Unfortunately, I can only work with what I have, including nearly maxed out credit cards. So, yes. A break sounds heavenly - either a nine-month break of paying debts and increasing savings!! Or a couple month break to just do research and search my soul.

I feel so much better!

6 comments:

battynurse said...

I'm totally with you on wishing that finances didn't influence choices. I kept thinking that when I was looking for a job. And if I get to the point where AI isn't working, I'm sure I'll be there again. Good luck with this try and with whatever comes next.

Vanessa said...

Sounds Perfect! I think every person TTC has to stop and re-evaluate the plan and make changes were needed.
I hope you wont have to do that. And you get your BFP this time! Good luck.

S&C said...

Sounds great! I hope you get a BFP but if not you seem to know what you need to do :-)
Let me know if you have any Q. about adoption.
Good luck!

Unknown said...

I am so hoping this is the one for you. But, if for SOME reason it is not, I am glad you have a plan. It helps! Good luck to you and keep me posted. Give Kobi a squeeze.. how is he by the way?

Anonymous said...

Hey there Michelle, (it's m-p-s in tempe.) I think i finally figured out how to post to a blog!
Your plan sounds like a good one and, even better, sounds like you are good with it. Your clarity is wonderful and I bet it feels pretty nice, kind of like that clear moonlight last night. I am holding out hopes that this sixth time is your time!

C said...

Chelle, your plan sounds great. I completely understand the need for sanity breaks...I have been there, done that & bought about 3 T-shirt along the way!