Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Fish or Cut Bait

I've got zero symptoms, am a day late, and tested negative on an HPT this morning. My temps are still way up, but the prometrium is probably doing that. I have 3 days of prometrium left... hopefully I'll either get a BFP or start AF by the time I run out. I'd hate to fill a prescription and only use one or two pills. I suppose I could maybe get a blood test on Friday first thing. But that might cost me more than the prescription. (Although it would seem that insurance should at least cover a pregnancy test, which is different from infertility/fertility tests...)

I'm procrastinating at the moment. I have comments due tomorrow on a proposal to renovate a small lake for native fish, and I haven't yet read the 63 page proposal... I need to get on that.

Depending, of course, on the results of this cycle, I'm leaning more and more towards foster-to-adoption. I'm thinking I'd get a placement sooner, and I know they really try to fit you with an adoptable child. And in Phoenix, AZ, I just gotta assume there are lots of those... Also, it would certainly be less expensive. ...but here I am again, making some decision and assumptions without checking it out. So I guess this will be one of the first things I check into in May if I'm not preggers.

Okay, I've procrastinated enough. Back to work!

9 comments:

singletracey said...

Hey you! I would be so happy to see a BFP on your post!!! You are like me... kinda keeping in the back of your mind your next step. I do that even now ... I always think.. If IVF doesnt work for me.. foster to adopt might be the way to go. I have a friend who is a foster mom and there are alot of kids out there... she adopted her first foster baby (she already had 4 kids of her own) and now she turns the babies over after she cares for them for a few months.. My point.. there are babies out there that need homes so if you have to go that route.. something WILL come your way :-)

S&C said...

Not over till AF! I have hope for ya!

Oh and foster-to-adoption is a great thing!! Check out yahoo groups they have some great adoption groups on there.

Unknown said...

Oh I hope this is your BFP!!! I have my fingers crossed!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting till the bitter end despite what the HPT says. Can't hurt to find out what the foster to adopt program is all about. Good luck!

Jen said...

Oh Chelle, I've got such hope for you girl! I didn't have any symptoms when I got my BFP...only that I was late, so maybe this is the ONE!!! Fingers crossed!!! My thoughts are with you. Sticky, sticky, sticky loads of baby dust to you!

battynurse said...

I hope that this is it for you. If it's not though, I hope that the next step is one that works well and quickly. Foster adopt can be great as you can stil get a baby (often you get to take it home from the hospital). Good luck and I'll be watching.

singletracey said...

just checking in on you!

Chelle said...

I really appreciate all y'all's well wishes and attention!! But...

Nothing - nothing - nothing! No symptoms. No BFP. No AF... I am 4 days late and my temps are still high. If it's still MIA this weekend, I'll take a digital test. If negative and still no AF Monday, I'll call the doc and either get a blood test or get ok'd to go off the prometrium.

I did dream last night that AF started (it was a horrible mess!), and I feel a little bloated--but I also ate a stack of pancakes at Matt's this morning, so could be that.

Unknown said...

Checking in on you! How are you doing?