Wednesday, December 20, 2006

AI'ing on the Road

Well, not exactly on the road, but not at home... I'm enjoying a two week holiday vacation at my family's in the Pacific Northwest. And not wanting a break from TTC, I had the swimmers shipped to a DHL facility "near" my sister's house this past Monday. Driving darkened streets and freeways alone in unfamiliar areas is always an adventure, but fortunately I found my way there and back without mishap.

At the same time, I was getting really worried that my cycle was way off. The OV-Watch was only starting to indicate fertility on Monday, which meant I wasn't suppose to ovulate until Friday. But that would have been CD17! I normally "O" on CD 15. I was SO excited on Tuesday when an OPK at 3 am showed my LH surge was approaching. At 6 am, I got a positive OPK and a peak on my CBFM, even though on Monday it registered "low" fertility. I had two vials, so I did one AI at about 9 pm on Tuesday and again about 9 am on Wednesday. I had my mom searching through her just moved belongings (she and Dad moved in to my sister's place this past week) looking for a hand-held mirror and a flashlight... and I absconded with my 9-year-old niece's Play-Doh. I used a syringe and catheter with IUI grade sperm, and got a pretty good view of what I was doing with my new speculum. I'm pretty happy with the timing and everything.

So far the score is 1 for the OV-Watch and 1 for the CBFM. My loyalty is now split.

The TWW is officially ON. But since I did the first AI yesterday, and the second one today, I'm not sure if I'm 1 DPO or 0 DPO today... I probably O'd at or after midnight, so we'll say today is day 0. That keeps my "O" on CD 15, too. I like consistency.

Well, back to family fun! I'll try to check in when I can, but that doesn't seem to be too often.

Happy Holidays!!!!

4 comments:

The Mother Hen said...

Hooray for the insem. Hopefully you can say you got pregnant in Seattle! What fun to look at YOUR childs play-doh years down the road and remember this day! I will try to call you tomorrow, 12/21 to set up lunch.

Unknown said...

Yay! Maybe the family love and holiday fun with make this the month for you! Good luck!

singletracey said...

I was thinking about you and had been checking in to see if you would update your blog! Glad I checked in again!!

So we will be cycle buddies .. AGAIN! I know 3 of us now and possibly 4. Yourself, me, Michelle and I thought Deena would be going in soon for AI.. But I know her mom isnt well so maybe this month is a no-go afterall.. I hope she is okay.. anyway.. Good Luck and may it rain BFP's in Jan!

Unknown said...

Good luck! Sounds like your timing was good... Have fun with your family!!!