Friday, December 08, 2006

Puff 'n' Fluff

Just stuff:

Kobi's doing okay. His mouth appears to be healing except for this thumb-pad sized area. I'm not sure whether it's regrown tumor already or what the doc called "granulation tissue." We have another follow-up on Tuesday with the oncologist. She'll also do a health certificate so he can fly with me to Seattle on the 16th. THAT will be an adventure! His appetite has not in any way been decreased by his illness. Good sign, right?

I still have not talked to my boyfriend since Thanksgiving. I just left him a second message--the first one was a week ago last Wednesday. He has not attempted to call me back. I've had a few different emotions about this. I'm basically done at this point. Just tired. It would just be nice to have a final conversation about it, though.

I'm trying to sort out whether or not to move quickly into a medicated cycle. I discussed doing a "clomid challenge test" with the ob/gyn friend and she said "sure, as long as you're not going to do an AI that month..." She didn't think I wanted to risk getting pregnant with twins or multiples. That wouldn't exactly be ideal for me - on my own, limited income, growing debts... Yeah, that would be beyond difficult. But is no baby better than two or three? Still, I think the risk is pretty slim. She mentioned something like 12%. OH! She also mentioned my current chances of getting pregnant unassisted are certainly in the single digits... maybe 1 or 2%. That was really just based on my age. But very depressing!

At any rate, I probably need to set up a visit, or at least a phone call to my regular ob/gyn. Unfortunately, my insurance, as great as it is, does not cover any (in)fertility treatments, medications, etc. I will proceed with this second AI naturally, although I might get some progesterone cream... Just not sure about all this. Will have to move into some sort of assistance, though, soon if I really want any kind of a chance at this.

I did order my next shipment. I'll be doing my insem in Seattle. Maybe the change of scenery will do me good. It's been so dry and the air so polluted here... maybe I need to go north and get watered. Grow baby, grow!

I got my first baby thing (not including crib, stroller, high chair and playpen in storage at my folks'): an Oilily diaper bag! Ebay. Less than 1/2 price. LOVE IT!

Only ONE WEEK until vacation!!!

4 comments:

battynurse said...

Oh, that is a cute diaper bag. I like it. I hope that your next try works. Wow, your going to be in Seattle. So close, but not really. Have a good vacation.

The Mother Hen said...

When will you be here? For how long? Maybe we could have lunch!

Chelle said...

Yay, lunch! Yay, vacation!! I can't wait to get away...

C said...

wow, love, love the bag! So, so cute.