Tuesday, December 12, 2006

CD Whatever News

What is it?... Cycle Day 7. My CBFM still doesn't know me, so wanted me to start peeing on sticks today. (It thinks I'm CD 6 because you don't start counting until you have full flows [river terminology] during your testing window...) I figure I'll blow another 15-20 sticks on it again this month. I'm a little nervous about this cycle as my temps have been SUPER rocky and pretty dang low--the rockiest since I started temping. And I'm temping the same time every day with never less than 6 hours sleep. I don't get it. I'm a little worried, too, about shipping and getting my dewar in time. It's suppose to ship to arrive Monday, but it could be late due to holiday shipping. I "probably" don't need it until Wednesday, but what if I'm a day early? Suddenly there's issues. Thing is, I don't want it shipped to my sister's house on Friday when there's no one home. Still contemplating options... may have it held at a facility.

Kobi had a follow-up today with the oncologist. Ah, fun. They'd set my appointment for 8am. I showed up and staff said, "Uh, you dropping Kobi off? Cuz the doc doesn't come in until 9. Not sure why they made an 8am appointment..." So I went home and came back an hour later. Doc said that most of the tissue is healing well and that the tissue that isn't healing doesn't look any worse. Hard to say if it's "granulation tissue" or tumor, except that if it's tumor, it should have changed. So that's basically good news. Kobi also got his health certificate all filled out. Doc listed him as a doberman X and then laughed... He's always previously been listed as a rottweiler X. It's hard to tell - the coloring is the same either way. And he's a big dog either way. But sort of just shows how she doesn't "know" him or his records. I dunno. It's probably not a big deal. It feels strange, though, to have this official-type document that describes him as a breed other than what he's ever been described before. Like his identity has been tampered with. ...but it's not a big deal. Is it... ?

It's Tuesday. We fly to Seattle Saturday. I have a site visit with a grant funder on Friday. (Keep your fingers crossed that we get this $80K grant so I can hire staff for a campaign I started 3 months ago! The fact that they do a site visit is a very good indication that some money will be forthcoming, although no guarantee how much or whether until they make announcements in February.) Lots of other stuff to do between now and then... Ummm, so I'd better wrap it up.

Oh, and still no word from the (ex- I guess) boyfriend. Thursday will be three weeks.

6 comments:

singletracey said...

Morning! Seems I can post comments today! YIPPEE.. Just wanted to say hi and let you know I was thinking of you! The clomid (took day 3 last night) has so far been pretty easy on me. I havent been over-emotional (I am pretty emotional on a normal basis). I will keep you posted!

Take care and give Kobi a hug for me!

Unknown said...

You don’t always have to test when the CBFM asks you to… To save money I only tested from CD11 till O. Also the 2nd peak day come no matter what it reads on the stick so no reason to test 2nd peak day. GOOD LUCK!

The Mother Hen said...

Hey, if he comes next week and you're here til the 31st, then we may get lunch together, the 3 of us!

Chelle said...

Oh, my gosh! I would be so psyched to see baby Ethan!! I will definitely be taking Airborne on the flight so I can be healthy!

Thanks, ladies! I really like this back and forth!!

Angie-I may have more questions about the monitor... I'll read the directions again.

Unknown said...

I have also used the monitor... so I don't know how big of a help I will be... but just in case!

I am so glad Kobi seems to be doing better. Remember, give him hugs from me.

Have fun in Seattle... give that baby Ethan a big kiss from me if you get to see him. I am so jealous!

C said...

Chelle, glad to be reading your posts again & posting. I missed reading what was going on with you. Life is settling a little now for me. First, so happy about Kobi..you two are matched perfectly together it seems. Now, about the grant..WOOOHOOO, lady. Heck yeah...look so promising. Keep me posted on the outcome. Have a safe trip and fill us in when you come back. Hugs all around.