Saturday, February 24, 2007

Fred and Wilma would be proud!

After feeling relatively certain I'm pregnant for a few days, my temp dipped (still above coverline) this morning. I took an HPT this morning, too, and it was negative. It's still early. I'm not out yet. But my certainty has certainly taken a hit. AF is due on Monday, so we'll see.

I was in a bit of a funk this a.m. due to above stated circumstances, but was revived after checking in on Pioneer Woman's blog post for today. YOU HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT!! Her son sings Oh, What A Beautiful Morning. It positively melted my heart. You CAN'T have a bad day after listening to that!

I read an interesting article yesterday about treating depression with Stone Age tools. No, don't think "pounding it out with a club." The article talks about reincorporating six elements that are often no longer present in our lives and society today.

Briefly:

1) Omega-3. The article suggests 1 gram EPA plus a multi-vitamin. (If you're pregnant or TTC, make sure you read up on what's considered safe doses and of which type of Omega-3. I read conflicting information, and, but as a vegetarian, I'm more comfortable taking flax forms of ALA that converts to EPA and DHA, or micro-algal forms of DHA. Problem with ALA conversion, only about 21% is converted to EPA & 9% to DHA. It would take approx. 4-5 tbsp ground flax per day to get 1 gram of EPA.)
2) Exercise. 30 minutes of cardio, 3 times per week.
3) Sunlight. 30 minutes of sun exposure daily.
4) Sleep. 8 hours per night on the same schedule 7 days per week.
5) Social connectedness. Make or schedule time with friends and family, on the phone and in person. Expand social network if necessary.
6) Anti-ruminative behavior. Fancy way of saying "negative thoughts." Avoid them. Interrupt them with distractions.

Seems pretty basic and healthy. And I can see where not getting enough (or too many in terms of negative thoughts) would be unhealthy. So I figure I'll give it a try. Starting now with a walk in the sunshine.

5 comments:

battynurse said...

Oh I wish I could see the sunshine. I'm sorry about the temp dip. Sucky how that pretty much whittles away at whatever confidence you have isn't it. Hopefully it's not a conclusive thing for you and you will still get your BFP.

Unknown said...

Sorry about the temp dip, but keep your head up as it isn't over yet! AF still isn't here!!!

Thanks for the stone age tips, they sure do make sense!!!

Take care and I am really hoping this is the one!

S&C said...

Any updates?
I strongly believe temp is only good as an entire thing like you cant read into just one temp cause so many things affect it.
Good luck!!!

battynurse said...

So??? Anything yet? Fingers and all else crossed for you.

Chelle said...

Heya - temps continued to go down Sunday and today. A little spotting. I'm expecting AF later today or tomorrow. (Normally today, but progesterone cream and clomid round 1, not sure how body will respond.) I'm okay. On to round #5.