Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hangin' with OP

For the first time ever in recorded history, I'm having ovulation pain. Started night before last, which is why I AI'd a couple hours after my first OPK+. I thought, huh, this must mean something. The little bit of cramping came and went throughout yesterday. Not really noticeable unless I really thought about it. I did my second AI last night about 8:30, and shortly after that I got really bad cramps around my left ovary. The right side is tender when I push on it, too, but the left side - yow! It continued to hurt pretty bad all night and this morning. Not double-over or cry hurt, but yow-ow-ow hurt. It has backed off a little, but still uncomfortable. I am pretty sure I ovulated because my temps spiked this morning.

I'm sure the cramping is clomid related. Of course this morning I was thinking I probably have ovarian cysts now, but I have read that ovulation cramping on clomid is common. I only had some hot flashes, minor chest pain and maybe depression as other memorable side effects. I'll need to get checked out before I go on it again.

Here's to hoping it's all worth it!

9 comments:

battynurse said...

Hopefully you will get your BFP and you won't have to worry about the clomid again at least not for a while. good luck.

Vanessa said...

I second that, BFP. Then no need for another round of clomid. Good luck to you sweetie.

Momai said...

Yup, definitely clomid related. I had that really bad. But hey, it means that it worked, and that you had some nice follies there and ready to pop. Good luck this cycle, we've got our fingers crossed for you!!!

singletracey said...

I thought the same thing after my first round of clomid.. because I was tender after ovulation.. hahahha

Hope this is it for us!!!

S&C said...

The only time in my life i have had O pains was the first month on Clomid.
Maybe it means you have lots of eggs :-)
Good luck!

Deena said...

How are you feeling? Ovulation pain is a GOOD thing. Hope you had many follies to meet with the spermies...

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am not the only one! I am on my first month of clomid and usually get crampy when I ovulate. I am 41 so my doc decided to get me on clomid so we have the best chance to get preggers again. HOLY COW - I was at a trade show all weekend and thought that maybe I was getting a bladder infection. Got my hubby to google "cramps & clomid" and voila! Seems that this is normal stuff. My left side is so sore...right too but the left. How long does the cramping usually last? I am on day 16 of my cycle and normally I ovulate late...so the timing is about right....

Chelle said...

Mine started the day of my LH surge and lasted for a week, although the worst of the cramping was over in a couple days. Fun, huh? I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks if it does this to me again.

Anonymous said...

Hey - it's great to see other over 40 women on the road to pregnancy! We had some tough times with our family doctor (I call him "Dr. Throwback"...need I say more?). We finally lucked out and left Dr. Old School for an amazing RE who is super suportive of our decision to try...