Monday, February 05, 2007

Step away from the Pom!!!

Been having a hell of a time getting organized lately. (LATELY? anybody who knows me is asking...) Okay, it's especially bad right now. Bills stacked. Work files stacked and scattered from office to home office to couch to chair to dining table. Aaarrgh!! And I'm a grand marshal of the procrastination parade... It gets especially bad when I don't have deadlines. Wait... no... it's hell when I do have deadlines. Okay. So it's always bad. Right now, I don't have any specific date that anything is due... or, at least I haven't researched to find that date... or, it's not due this week... AND since I tend not to do anything until the day before it's due... You're totally getting the picture, aren't you...

My plan right now is to watch Heroes (8-9), make a to-do list with priority dates and go to bed by 10. I will also get my kitchen timer out and handy so that if I have any hesitancy in doing something, I can use it to prod me along (work on that letter for five minutes... then you can run away and go to the post office...)

Dagnabit! Kobi just coughed. He's been coughing/semi-gagging more often lately. His mouth still looks healed - no tumor - but, of course, I can't see his lungs. Will probably need to get some pictures of those puppies in another month or two. Otherwise, he still seems fit as a fiddle!

I've been on clomid for three days. I've had some hot flashes. And last night I started to have chest pains, which can be a symptom of the med. In about three hours, I had three significant pangs in my chest. I occasionally get chest pains anyway. I have mitral valve prolapse, and unrelated, I sometimes get supraventricular tachycardia--that was pretty exciting when it first started up a couple years ago. I can be sitting doing nothing in particular, and my heart will suddenly start racing around 180-200 beats per minute. Fortunately, it usually only lasts a total of eight to ten (very fast) beats. The longest it's lasted was around two and half minutes. Very scary before I understood what was going on. So I occasionally get the racing beats. And occasionally I get pain. So I don't know if last night was the clomid or just because. I went ahead and took another dose this morning. (Sssshhh) So far, no pain. No problem.

Heroes started, so I can only type during the commercials (every 6 minutes). Screws up the train of thought, that's for sure... (but helped me with the post title!)

Oh, I'll finish by saying my dear friend loved her earrings AND the card. She had a great birthday, despite the fact that the place she'd told everyone to meet us at was closed due to plumbing problems. Fortunately, another perfect place was open about three blocks away. She had 18 people at her party!! It worked out great!

Said earrings for said dear friend
(Still working with that new camera... sorry it's a bit blurry!)

1 comment:

battynurse said...

I've been having a heck of a time making myself do anything lately so I understand what you mean. Ok so the chest pain part with clomid worries me. I hope that was a one time thing? good luck with it though and I really hope it helps you get that bfp