Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What's in a Mom?

Feeling better!! Not sure why, but I'll take it! The fog is lifting, and I'm looking forward to a big, beautiful BFP this weekend! Been having some very different and strange little twinges in my uterus today. Probably means nothing, but I don't remember feeling this before. Maybe baby? Maybe a horrible uterine infection caused by the HSG? Maybe my only symptoms post alien probe?? I'm hoping for a baby...

I've been reading books. Not just any books, but books related to this whole fun and wonderful past-time of trying to conceive as a single or older woman. I just finished But I Don't Feel Too Old to Be a Mommy! and am now reading Choosing Single Motherhood: The Thinking Woman's Guide. I also have, and am looking forward to reading Single Mothers by Choice: A Guidebook for Single Women Who Are Considering or Have Chosen Motherhood. I recently joined the national SMC organization, but haven't had a chance to contact the local group and get involved yet. That's a goal, though. I'd heard by another SMC in Phoenix (currently pregnant with triplets!) that it was a very good, supportive group here, so I'm looking forward to joining up with them. Heavens knows it would be good to find some women to share sitters with, hang out, etc.

But I'm terrified, too. Yeah, that old friend, Panic. What if I am pregnant! Oh, shit!! This is all a huge mistake! But I breathe deep and figure out that it's okay. I'm okay. It'll all be okay. BOY, I hope I don't just wake up one day and decide this was the worst idea I'd ever had... These books are suppose to make me more knowledgeable and calm my fears! But they're making me think!!

Okay, friends. You don't have to reassure me. We've been through this before... Just ignore me. I really have talked myself back down and I'm good to go. And really excited to be pregnant! (oh please oh please oh please oh please!)

I'm not planning to test until Saturday, 12 DPO. Then I'll test every day until I either get a BFP or AF shows. But I am SET!

On a side note, I think I'm flying to Boston on the 20th of March! My first trip to the East Coast!! Likely the trip will be short - like maybe overnight. And it's not for the greatest reason - my mom has precancerous cysts on her pancreas. But it's possible that she will get an experimental treatment that will hopefully cure her and save her from having her entire pancreas removed and becoming an automatic diabetic. We're quite hopeful, but still have a lot of unanswered questions and concerns.

My mom is an AMAZING woman!! Incredibly strong and positive. Decides never to worry about something until she's certain there's something to worry about. She rarely disappoints--and maybe it's because of that that in the rarest of instances that she does disappoint it's so glaring... poor dear. She's so close to perfect I forget she's fallible like the rest of us. And I just love her like crazy!! So there.

6 comments:

battynurse said...

Oh I hope, hope, hope you are pregnant. Good luck to you and I hope all is well with your mom also. Still sending you sticky baby dust and good wishes. And yes it was great to get to meet berrymom.

S&C said...

Good luck testing on sat!!

I remember the first time i got a bfp i was so freaked out LOL I am sure when we get a referral i will feel the same panic. I think all new moms do.

Anyway GOOD LUCK i hope this is it for you!!

Michelle said...

I cant wait to see that BFP!!! Come on baby, you can do it for us!!!

SJayneI said...

Hello. Just saying hello. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your mom. Please cherish every moment. I'm sure everything will be just fine.

By the way, I changed my blog name from TheCreationOfOurFamily to AsThePigFlies.

Unknown said...

I am so hoping you are pregnant... I can't wait to hear of that bfp from you.

I will be thinking about your mom and hoping everything turns out ok!

Jen said...

Hey Chelle,
Those uterus twinges sound promising. I'm sending those positive baby vibes your way girl! So sorry to hear about your mom but it sounds like she's got the right attitude. If she's anything like her daughter, her positive attitude will beat this thing with no problem!