Saturday, February 03, 2007

Give it to me, baby... uh-huh, uh-huh

Started clomid (clomiphene citrate) today, 50 mg. Doc wrote the script for days three through seven, but didn't give it to me until CD 4. She'd said it would be days five through nine, so I hadn't worried about it. I picked up the script when I went in for my pre-clomid bloodwork. I was fortunately able to catch the doc in the hall and ask her some questions. She said the jury was out on whether CD 3-7 or CD 5-9 were better for the clomid challenge test. As I understand it, when you take it slightly earlier, as you would in a normal clomid cycle, more eggs are a little more mature and ready when you get the LH surge. But for whatever reason the "test" was usually done later. What I'm not sure is why I couldn't just do CD 4-8... Oh well. Today's my first day on clomid.

My HSG test, where they'll put a balloon catheter into and through my cervix and shoot my uterus full of oil or water soluble contrast solution until it spills into my fallopian tubes and take x-rays of the process, is rescheduled for Wednesday, CD 9. Apparently the x-ray tech that I was scheduled with originally doesn't do HSGs. That's, of course, a problem. Fortunately, I've got nothin' special scheduled next week and I'm all about taking care of my fertility -- priority number one!!

Have I mentioned how much Kobi's breath smells like ass? Oh my god... He can be laying at the foot of my bed, open his mouth and smack it a bit, and I'm enveloped with a really humid, nasty stench. I originally blamed his cancerous tumor, but that's been removed and his mouth looks very much healed. I'd complained to his cancer doc and she said it really wasn't that bad. So I guess I was wrong. It's not worth complaining about... so I take it all back.

Today is a dear friend's birthday, and I need to get off my arse and get ready to go out, pick up part of her gift (a frame for the card I had made for her by a gal who creates personalized greeting cards). It's a great card, and said gal was very receptive to my ideas and easy to work with. It's not every day you get to tell a complete stranger about a friend's affinity for transsexuals. Huh, I wonder if said dear friend will mind opening her card in front of all her other friends....? Guess we'll know that answer in just a few hours! And if you read this said dear friend before the party, forget it--and Happy Birthday!!

5 comments:

battynurse said...

Good luck with the clomid and hsg. I hope it all works great this month.

Unknown said...

Good luck with the clomid and with your HSG.... Let me know how it goes...

And yes... don't you love dog breath!!!

singletracey said...

Hey you! I hope the clomid treats you right and you get that BFP!!! You crack me up.. poor Kobi and his bad breath.. I wonder if he tastes it as bad?? Have a great week my dear!

C said...

Chelle, can't wait to hear how the HSG goes. Also, if I remember correctly you have a good friend that is an OB/GYN right? That is terrific becuase she can give advice and guidance. Keep me posted, how is work by the way? Hugs to Kobi & his bad breath...poor baby. I remember when one of Star's teeth went bad I had to rush her to the Vet to get it removed. The Smell...ugh, the Smell!

Unknown said...

Hi! This is my first visit to your blog, I saw a comment of yours at Adopting Caleb and said to myself, "Hey! That looks like a Phoenix cactus to me!" when I saw your user photo. Clicked on your profile, and sure enough....

Anyway, I'm a fellow Phoenician AND I run a site that lists ttc/pregnant/parenting bloggers. I'll be adding you to the ttc and single blogrolls, if that's OK. Best of luck to you on your baby journey. If you ever want a critique of some of the RE's, ob/gyn's, and hospital l&d's here in our fair city, just shoot me an email.