Friday, November 24, 2006

1 DPO

Yes, it's one day past ovulation (1 DPO) and the two week wait (TWW) has started. I'm hoping like crazy that these two beautiful gametes--my egg and one of the donor's handsome professional swimmers-- have met and the two became one beautiful zygote. Let the cell division begin!

Yeah, this is going to be a long two weeks...

I've got to thank everybody who has sent me well wishes, from all the gals on the NW board, my family in the NW, and anyone else who just happened by. I also have a very supportive network of friends who have all just been lovely!!

As for the actual inseminations, I won't go into graphic detail, but I will say that there's definitely a learning curve with handling all of these new gadgets and storage equipment. I would say my last of the three was the one I was least happy with, but I think it was an earlier one that was needed to do the trick anyway, so...

In 5-10 days (I've read 5-7 and 7-10), the cluster of cells, or blastula, if it has formed, will need to implant into my endometrium in order for a healthy pregnancy to begin. I'm ready!!

On a more personal note (MORE personal than my uterus?), I plan to have a lovely evening of Thanksgiving holiday movie watching with a girlfriend. On the queue, Pieces of April and Home for the Holidays. Pizza, popcorn and sparkling cider are on the menu. Should be LOTS of fun!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the lovely TWW. Hope this works for you.

C said...

Let the TWW INSANITY begin...LOL! Bring on the B-F-P!!

S&C said...

I hope your TWW go by fast and that you get a BFP! Good luck!!
-C