Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Kobi's out of surgery - WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC MATERIAL

My boy had surgery today to remove cancer from the roof of his mouth. The cancer had invaded the bone and into the nasal cavity somewhat, but it was confined to a small area. The surgeon removed four teeth and used some of his "left over" gum to seal up the hole to his nasal cavity. There were no complications or problems. I got to visit him briefly after the surgery. He looked horrible: eyes slack, blood dripping from his nose and mouth. He was on a morphine drip, so hopefully not in too much pain. I should be able to bring him home tomorrow. And then, I guess, we'll see how it goes. With any luck, that should be it. He just needs to heal and get back to living his sweet life. I've got to admit, though, this all scares the crap out of me... my poor baby.

3 comments:

C said...

Oh, Best get well wishes & Prayers for your precious Kobi. I will be thinking about you both.

Unknown said...

I am praying and thinking about Kobi everyday! Please keep us updated.

Momai said...

Mombi and Orange Nehi (our dog) and I are keeping you and Kobi in our thoughts.