Thursday, November 30, 2006

I Got Nothin'

Okay, my boobs are still sore and big, and they and my nipples hurt like crazy when I take my bra off at night. But other than that, nothin'. And I think the boob pain is more from sudden recent non-baby related weight gain than anything. My temperature has remained conspicuously low - still biphasic, but barely. By this time next week, I'll probably be back to tampons. Which reminds me, I need to order another sensor for my OV Watch... Prepare for another cycle.

And crap... I was just at the health food store where I bought more of my powdered greens and several teas. I THOUGHT I bought more green tea, some red raspberry tea, and nettle leaf tea. I opened them all up when I got home, put one of each tea bag in a large cup and poured the hot water. Yep. Went back out to refresh the water and noticed two of the boxes were the green tea, the other red raspberry. I apparently put the nettle leaf down and picked up a second green tea or some such nonsense... In any case, I've got green tea coming out my ears.

Kobi-bobi is happy with all the new treats he gets -- lots of pill-meatballs! He's on an antibiotic - four pills - to clear up any nasal infection that he might have (I'd mentioned his boogers in a previous post...) and the liquid bloodroot pill I have to make morning and night (injecting the liquid into a gelatin capsule and quickly burying it in a meatball). That's SIX meatballs a day! And his food moistened and enhanced with Chinese herbs. He is THRILLED with his new diet!! He's always followed me every time I go to the kitchen, but now his enthusiasm is unrelenting. When his appetite slows down, THEN I'll be really worried.

Otherwise, I'm just hanging in there. Contemplating asking my friend/doc to get more aggressive for future AI's, although the next one I'll be out of town--I can either wait and use the vials when I'm on some fertility drugs, or just go ahead and give it another shot without. I'm leaning towards going ahead at least one more time myself (while out of town at my family's house in Seattle!), then asking the doc to do IUIs the next couple times, and maybe fertility meds. I think I'm too old to drag this on too long. I also hate to do anything unnecessary, though. And financially, it all needs to be "smart" money spent.

So, yeah... the TWW is going great...

4 comments:

battynurse said...

Hang in there, it ain't over till AF shows her ugly face. Good luck.

singletracey said...

Hey there.. Great idea on the meatball pills! I try cheese and Bessie always manages to somehow finagle the cheese and spit out the pill..

On the med vs no med.. I wouldnt play around without meds too long.. With this darn biological clock thing.. you dont want to waste time.. Hope that wasnt rude or forward.. But you know what I mean :-)

Maybe .. just maybe.. you hit the nail on the head and you can be one of those Oh So Lucky First Timers!!! Got my fingers cross for you girlie!

Unknown said...

Oh Kobi sounds SO cute with all the meatballs and excitement :-) Put a big smile on my face this morning :-)
Maybe just talk to your doc about meds and stuff. Talking cant hurt anything?!? See what the doctor thinks.
Good luck!

Rachel said...

Hi Chelle! I recognize you from over at NW. Anyway, I too am compulsive, and have been using the Ov-Watch AND OvaCue AND OPKs. I'm curious what congruence you're having among the three. Last month, the watch was way off and the Ovacue was a bit off. What have you found?

Best wishes for conception, and for the health and comfort of your puppy.