Friday, November 03, 2006

Out of Order

Just a quick note -
I ovulated this month! I wasn't sure. I mean I sorta was sure I did, but the ovulation prediction kit (OPK) that I just started using this month never registered a positive. And seeings as I placed an order for 3 vials of sperm to arrive November 20th, I was getting really nervous that maybe I should cancel it. I have a friend that's an ObGyn who agreed to help me out with questions along the way. She suggested I get a blood test yesterday to confirm ovulation. I just got a call from her about 1/2 hour ago confirming it. Yay! Now it's just nailing down that date!

2nd thing... or series of things... Monday Kobi and I visited an oncologist to go over treatment options for his multilobular osteochondrosarcoma of the left maxilla (a tumor on the roof of his mouth). The x-ray showed that the cancer had not metasticized to his lungs. Today I took him for a CT scan of his head to determine the extent of the cancer and to hopefully guide the surgeon on the margins needed to completely removed the cancer. I was given a disk to take to the vet next Monday. I looked at it--of course--but am not really sure what I was looking at. I could tell a difference between the left and right sides at about the region of the tumor, but I won't really know anything until Monday.

Sweet thoughts for Kobi!

5 comments:

C said...

Oh, Chelle
I feel like a kindered spirit with you here. Your Kobi is blessed to have you. I adore my Furbabies & treat their Medical needs more seriously than I do my own. I am praying for you both & thinking positive thoughts. Working Pomeranian rescue for a long time you would be suprised how many owners would bring a down in initially wanting to "put it down" becuase it had a accident on the carpet(they didn't train it) or becuase its' hair was shedding on their sofa. (GROWL!) We of course kept them all & trained, loved & spoiled them & found terrific homes for them! I really enjoyed volunteering with that group..it was sad to move!
Anyone who adores their pet like yourself will be a wonderful and caring Mom - can't wait to follow your AI Journey!

S&C said...

Kobi will be in my prayers.
Congrats on Oing!

Unknown said...

I wanted to check on Kobi... I have a sweet boy named Kobe.... I hope you got some good news... the sweetie is in my thoughts. My doggies are my babies so I know how that is.

Take care

Anonymous said...

what kind of dog is kobi? he looks just like my toastmonster.

Chelle said...

Thanks, all!

j-le, Kobi is (best guess) a rottweiler/german shepherd mix. He's a tall guy, and currently weighs in around 80-85#, down a bit because of the mouth trouble. He's weighed over 100# a couple years ago, but we both leaned down and get more exercise these days.