Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It's Fa-sci-na-tion... with In-se-mi-na-tion!

Alright. After some--okay, much--stress and worry (DHL was suppose to deliver my swimmers on Monday, but didn't bother themselves with it) I received my golden vials of sperm today. I'm so relieved! And excited!! BUT, now my new obsession... oh, first yesterday's obsession: refreshing the DHL tracking webpage every 20 minutes or less to see if there was any new news on my package. My NOW obsession is trying to figure out precisely when I'm suppose to inseminate! I mean this is important!! I'm trying to map it all out so I'm not left with three vials of sperm goin', "Where's the peak?!"

Today was my CD 13. I normally ovulate on CD 15. The OV Watch confirms I'll ovulate two days from now, Thanksgiving, by saying today is Fertile Day 3. An anonymous commenter to this blog quoted literature available on the OV Watch website that says that intra-uterine inseminations (IUI) should be performed on Fertile Day 3 or 4. I'll be doing an intra-cervical insemination (ICI), but I'm sure the guideline here is probably basically the same.

Now what would make me PERFECTLY happy would be to see a positive on an OPK test tomorrow. And even a PEAK on the fertility monitor. My trifecta.

I'm already expecting that not to happen, though, because I haven't seen it yet. Given that I will likely ovulate on CD 15, Thanksgiving, and that I SHOULD have a luteinizing hormone (LH) surge tomorrow whether or not any monitoring device picks it up (even though I'm not on clomid or any fertility drugs), I am really tempted to inseminate at about 6pm tomorrow, 6am on Thanksgiving and again at 6pm. That way if I ovulate at ANY time on Tofurkey Day, midnight to midnight, I'll have swimmers there waiting.

And, if the peak shows up on T-Day, I can just hold that last insemination off a few hours. Or maybe just do midnight, noon and midnight... AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Okay, I'm just gonna put it out there: Please, God, let me surge tomorrow! Let me register a surge tomorrow!... I WILL... I WILL get a + OPK tomorrow!

I can't WAIT to play with the little vials. It seems just crazy to be handling some unknown donor's sperm. But I guess until we can create synthetic sperm...

...and, well, it's probably best if that day never comes.

Update 11/22: No Trifecta
1) BBT still low, slight dip today; 2) fertility monitor "high," but no surge LH detected; 3) OPK+ !!!!! I'm guessing that my surge was after or just not readable at 6am when I use the monitor. I got a positive OPK at 1:30pm!

So now what? I am going to a hockey game tonight with my boyfriend. I think I'll do the first AI when I get home, between 11 & 12. Then noon and midnight Thanksgiving. Yay!!

9 comments:

battynurse said...

Good luck Chelle. I hope it all goes well for you. I hope it works the first time. I know the whole obsession thing. I am focused on the planning obsession and just babies in general but obsessed none the less.

Unknown said...

I am sending you best baby wishes!!!! I can't wait for us to all be preggo together... Good luck to you, have a wonderfuld thanksgiving... and I am giving you wonderful thoughts and baby wishes!!!! Keep me posted on everything!

singletracey said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first time is so exciting!!

S&C said...

YAY! Good luck!

C said...

Have a wonderful Tofurkey Day. Best Wishes for these days of AI...super excited for you!

Unknown said...

Did you see my post on the NW board... wishing you luck on your insem!

Chelle said...

THANKS, MEG!! Have done 2 of the AIs so far. Last one at midnight! My soundtrack is The Ultimate Otis Redding... Have lit candles and said prayers for all the NW ladies and will continue through my TWW! YAY!!

Chelle said...

And THANKS ALL! This is such a supportive group!! So glad I found you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love you Chelle; We prayed for you at dinner tonight...wish you couldve been here..but youve got more important things going on! ( : xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

~MW