Tuesday, January 23, 2007

First (week) down on the second yard line...

7 DPO. Not a single symptom. But I can barely feel anything past the flu. My throat is sore and swollen. Sinuses over productive. I'm achy and warm and coughing and my head hurts. Since Saturday afternoon. Yesterday was probably the worst. But today is a close second. I'm trying to be good to myself, get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids, etc. Hope like hell that the couple acetaminophen and benadryl I've taken don't cause any problems with implantation or cell development. Bleh...

I am using the progesterone cream again this cycle, but not quite as much as I used last cycle. Instead of 1-1/2 pumps 2x/day, I'm just using a single pump 2x/day. I'm not having any breast tenderness at this point. I'm hoping this dosage is enough to help without giving me the crazy pregnancy symptoms I had last month (nausea to the point that a normally yummy $15 entree was completely inedible).

I am hopeful that this cycle will result in a BFP! I felt good about the AIs and the timing. A little concerned that I'm sick when some important stuff is suppose to be happening... I'll probably test on Saturday or Sunday (11-12 DPO) if my internet cheapie HPTs arrive in time. Otherwise I'll wait and buy a two pack of the First Response or something and try Sunday and again on 14 DPO, Tuesday one week from today, if no AF in sight.

My mom told me that my grandmother was five months pregnant with my uncle before she knew she was pregnant! Apparently she still had what appeared to her to be her period for the first 5 months. That was about 67 years ago. Grandma is now 97!

4 comments:

Deena said...

Hope you feel better soon! It's no fun to be sick. Hope Kobi is taking good care of you. Hang in there girl, you are half way through the TWW!

battynurse said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Being sick sucks. I also hope you get your BFP this month. I have a friend who was about 5-6 months pregnant before she realized it. She didn't have a full length mirror or a scale and hadn't started having a period yet since her first son was born (he was about a year old) so didn't think anything of it when she wasn't having a period. Then she felt the baby move. Yikes. Good luck to you though and I'm sending you all sorts of feel better vibes and sticky baby dust.

Deena said...

Hope you are feeling better...

Chelle said...

Thanks for the sympathy!!!! I'm feeling a little better. Still stuffy, but my throat didn't hurt quite as bad last night (it's worse at night). Still feel weak when I've been up for too long (like an entire shower...). But definitely better than Monday or Tuesday!!

I'm NOT feeling any PG symptoms, though. Not a one. At this rate, I might just wait to see if AF shows up next Tuesday and go from there.