Thursday, January 04, 2007

Practically Practical

Guess what I bought myself for my birthday?!! A new windshield! Yep... Was going to wash my car for my birthday (okay, everything that happens on my birthday is "for" my birthday...). I found the really cheap drive through with convenient long-hose vacuums that my friend told me about. Of COURSE I was approached by a windshield salesperson... I have one DOOZY of a crack that runs in all directions so they can't miss me -- seriously: across, up and down both ends. I'd gotten a quote of $208 a year or so ago... when it wasn't quite so big. Today's quote was $199. Wasn't going to do it, but then I thought I'd ask for a birthday discount. $175. I wrote them a check. They should be here later today to install it. (I have liability insurance only, no autoglass coverage. Still a rip-off, but the best rip-off I've been quoted so far...)

I also bought myself a green tea latte with soymilk and a pumpkin scone at Starbuck's for my birthday. I shared the unfrosted underside of the scone with Kobi. He's a very happy boy.

I got a digital camera package from my folks for my birthday. Actually, I bought it on ebay, told them how much it was and they wrote me a check. I should get the camera next Tuesday at which point you can bet there'll be more pictures on my blog!!! I'm REALLY excited.

It's after noon, and what I HAVEN'T gotten so far for my birthday is AF or a BFP. I tested yesterday and don't plan on testing again today (15 DPO). I really don't think I'm pregnant--my temp dropped below coverline today. But if for some bizarre reason I still haven't started by tomorrow, I'll go buy another hpt. This progesterone cream has probably jacked me up more than I thought it would. I had the nausea again today around 8:30 until 9, but still have the cold and took the prenatal on an empty stomach. I know. Really should change up the experiment if I want answers.

So, Happy Birthday to ME! Thanks everyone who has sent me birthday wishes the last few days here and on NWAC!! It means so much to me to have such sweet care and support!

5 comments:

The Mother Hen said...

You should know just in case! stripped membranes: The dr pushes the bag of waters away from the cervical opening during an exam. this made "room" for the balloon. Again happy birthday.

Chelle said...

HAHAHAHA... the best present ever! I promise to think of you first thing when I wake up tomorrow (5am your time). Wishing you and baby Ethan the very best!

Momai said...

Happy birthday! I think a new windsheild is a fabulous gift to yourself, especially since you'll see it and appreciate it just about every day for the next year. Enjoy it!

battynurse said...

I too think a new windshield is a good birthday present. And that really is a pretty good price. Glad you have had a good birthday.

C said...

HAPPY BIRTHADY you wonderful Lady YOU! That green tea latte sounded Yummers! A windshield works for me. Mmmm....I am following your cycle status VERY carefully...so when are "we" testing again..I am a nervous wreck over here!