Saturday, January 20, 2007

So I have a big belly... now what?

I'm 4 DPO. This morning, after a day of eating tremendous amounts of bread products--I think that's three days in a row now--my still full belly was rounded as if I was pregnant. And even though I'm not pregnant yet (as in even if my egg was fertilized, it hasn't yet had an opportunity to implant), I get to fantasize just the tiniest bit that my full belly is baby. Stupid, right?

I don't think I've been gaining weight in order to look or feel more pregnant, that would really be "touched." Bread is my comfort food. Today it was croissants. The couple days before, it was a yummy little loaf of dried apricot and raw almond bread with goat cheese (from Willo Bakery, a local shop). The couple days before that it was my favorite pizza from Crazy Jim's: artichoke heart, fresh tomato and feta cheese. Okay, I like cheese almost as much as I like bread. WOW - I've really been on a feeding frenzy!

I'd been so good after I got back from vacation/the holidays. Well, not the first week. But then I bought a bunch of whole, fresh, organic foods - fruits, vegetables, grains, tofu... Spent less than I usually do on groceries, but made some terrific dishes! I made a delicious eggplant & red pepper with spicy peanut sauce (thanks, Moosewood!) and an orange, fennel & celery salad. Also had broccoli, tofu and brown rice a couple nights.

But this past week, it's been nothing but bread or heavy carbs. Yikes! And my belly is pleasantly full.

Normally, a full belly is not my favored state. I like a strong core. But this whole TTC effort has really pushed me toward being okay with a soft, motherly state. I hope I can get a legitimately swollen belly soon! And that I don't end up weighing 250 before this is over!!!

4 comments:

battynurse said...

no, not crazy to wonder or imagine if that's what it feels like to be pregnant. Me, I'm worried that I'll just look fatter, not pregnant.

C said...

Chelle, I hear you, sister! Potatoes are MY comfort food.....oh, I can eat them anyway, anywhere. It has been hard cutting them down a bit but I finally feel better about it. WHY, couldn't I be like some of those folks that can Eat WHATEVER/WHENEVER and don't gain a pound! Oh, Well.

Momai said...

Oh man, that food sounds awesome! I could totally live on bread and cheese.

And fiber supplements, I suppose. I guess no food is perfect.

S&C said...

4dpo already?!? Wow that was fast! GOOD LUCK!