Monday, January 15, 2007

Today's the day, apparently...

AI #3. Not sure why I'm ovulating early this month, but so says the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor and the Ovulation Prediction Kit test strips. The OV-Watch has let me down for the second month in a row. Or my LH surge is "early," if that's possible. (The OV-Watch detects the sodium chloride surge which precedes an estrogen surge and finally an LH surge. The OV-W is 86% accurate.)

At any rate, I'm AI'ing tonight by about 10 pm, and tomorrow around noon. And we'll see what happens.

But I already have my plan for next month... On the day my period starts (if it does), I will call my doc's and get my order for bloodwork and script for clomid for a clomid challenge test (pills CD 5-9, blood tests on CD 3 and 10 to check hormone levels that indicate egg reserves). I will also call the radiology/imaging service to schedule my HSG test (normally between CD 7 and 10). The HSG test uses a catheter to place a contrast dye in the uterus and then into the fallopian tubes. An x-ray shows any blockages, polyps, or other problems that can affect fertility. Just to rule things out... AND hopefully jumpstart this thing!

Unless, of course, this cycle works!!! Hope, hope, hope...

7 comments:

battynurse said...

I hope, hope, hope it does!!! Good luck and I am leaning ever more strongly towards joining the insanity at the end of this month. My predicted ovulation date is the 1st of Feb so says fertility friend. Of course I work that night and the 2 prior to that.

Vanessa said...

Well chelle, good to see you have a plan. I hope you wont need it! I continue to be impressed by the way you handle everything, so cool, calm and collected. I hope this is IT!

Momai said...

We've got our fingers crossed for you, and Griffin says "thump"!

Chelle said...

Thanks, all! Second AI is done, so we'll see...

singletracey said...

checking in on you and wishing you the best this cycle!!

Unknown said...

good luck to you girl. I am pulling for you!!! I hope this is it!

C said...

Chelle, Hugs & Best, Best Wishes from me to YOU. Hey, I have never asked you, is IVF even a possibility? I have 3 family members that started TTC in their 40's and each got BFP first hit with IVF. Just an afterthought.