Thursday, January 18, 2007

Running with scissors 2 DPO

Nothin' to report. Except I cut my bangs too short. Here's the deal. I saw shots of Reese Witherspoon at the Golden Globes, with her fresh, blown out layered cut with "modern" bangs... I loved the cut and thought, "I could do that... I've done that before..." And went straight to the bathroom, and grabbed the scissors. I always cut my own hair, so wasn't nervous at all. Everything was great... except the bangs. Crooked. So I straightened them. Sorta. So trimmed some more... another 1/8 inch. Suddenly they were/are about a half inch ABOVE my eyebrows. OUCH. Oh well. They'll be perfect in a month.

In my last post I talked about my TTC plans. Candace asked about IVF. I mostly don't think too much about what next except maybe a month out, so I haven't decided definitively for or against IVF as an option. Besides the fact that it's an incredibly expensive option, although less than half as much as adoption, it's not a sure bet. I have thought that if I couldn't commit to trying at least two IVF's if necessary, then maybe I shouldn't do it. Makes more sense to me to lose $15000 for two tries than to waste $7500 on only a single try... Notice the weighted language biases. But I don't know for sure.

The very generalized plan is three tries unmedicated (now on 3rd try), three tries medicated (meaning clomid), three tries more aggressive medicated, and then, maybe, IVF. If I move to adoption, it would possibly be foster to adopt, although that's difficult to contemplate. And I might put that off a couple years. I'm afraid of losing a child I'd grown to love. But we'll see. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm working on getting a virtual "store" put together for my mom's and my jewelry. Putting my new camera to good use! (Still trying to figure that out.) I may include a link here every once in awhile, or put a permanent link on the side. Check it out: www.fthdesigns.etsy.com. Etsy is an incredibly cool website dedicated to hand-crafted items. I've bought a few gifts from various sellers there & I love it!

2 comments:

singletracey said...

Morning! Cute pix of the animals!! So you are a day ahead of me... pretty cool..

BTW.. Reese's bangs were SOO cute.. I can imagine the temptation to mirror the cuteness :-) I bet in 3 weeks they look great!

battynurse said...

I've done the cut the bangs thing before too. Most of the time I do pretty good but have goofed a couple of times. It's frustrating when it happens. They do grow out quickly thank goodness. Good luck with this AI, I hope it's the one and you don't have to think about anything other than your baby.